Sunday 23 December 2012

Less than one week to go................

December 23rd. 2012: less than one week to departure : )

Man Cave: Gear laid out for checking today

It's Sunday December 23rd 2012 and about time I checked all my gear.  I dragged everything up to my man cave and spread it out across the floor. I suspect there are a few items missing so maybe a quick trip to the shops tomorrow, Christmas eve.

As I look at the gear I realise I have not considered what I will need for the safari because up to now my focus has been all about Kilimanjaro.

I love Christmas time but feel that this year it is taking second place and my wife has been great about that. We have a very busy Christmas morning planned . The gym will be closed so I hope to get out for an early jog. We have invites to two of our great neighbours for morning celebrations. Then it's back to the house to get ready to go for Christmas dinner at a son's house. Stephens' Day we have all our gang coming to dinner, 18 in all. Usually a mad day that spills into the next day. I will be on my best behaviour and staying away from the vino. I have some catching up to do in January.

I am now beginning to feel excited about the whole trip, especially the Kilimanjaro challenge. We leave Dublin Airport on the 'red eye' (6am) flight to Schiphol on December 29th. After a very short stop over we board our flight for Kilimanjaro and arrive in Tanzania at 8:40pm. Our trek starts early the next morning.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jack, I packed a couple of days ago and whilst I "eventually" got everything in there, packed neatly in plastic bags, when it came to the weighing end of things it was not so neat.... couple of treats to come out I think - weigh it again tomorrow!! Good luck. Nearly there, sooooooo excited :) Lydia

    ReplyDelete