Monday 12 November 2012

Lucky with the weather for our first hike Nov 11th

 
Wicklow Mountains November 11th 2012
  
Glendalough - November 11th 2012
 We met, as planned, at the upper car park in Glendalough at about 9:30. It was a relatively mild day for mid November and forecast was for a dry day. So, a good start. Many of the team are experienced walkers and most did not seem to be too worried about a six to seven hour hike across part of the Wicklow mountains. The plan was to head out towards the Miner's Village and take in Mullacor, Derrybawn and other routes, time permitting.
 
I have always loved the Wicklow mountains but never ventured out across them on foot. The first couple of 'hills' were OK but the incline on the third hill along with marching through the bog land began to take it's toll on my unfit legs. However, after a break for lunch I felt revived and ready for the second half of the walk.
I loved the whole day. It was a great opportunity to chat with other team members. To share a common goal while getting to know a little bit about each other.
By the time I got home the adrenalin was wearing off and I became aware of some muscle pain in my legs. I did nothing for the remainder of the evening
Thanks to Ian and Niamh for organising and leading the team through this exercise. If anyone would like to add their comments about this day please feel free to add them below.
 
Enjoying a break, at last.
Click on the link below to see other images from our day on the Wicklow Mountains

1 comment: