Monday 19 November 2012

Cardio session in Dalkey November 17th 2012

Unfortunately (maybe fortunately) I could not attend the session last weekend. Paula Thomas kindly agreed to submit some photos and an account of the endurance session. If anyone else wishes to add comments please feel free to do so.
Paula is behind the camera for this one. see below.
Following our successful hike together, last week's Kili preparation plan was focused on cardio work clearly a very unappealing prospect to most of the group as the attendance would show! I decided to start the day with an early contraband coffee in Fitzpatricks hotel, ensuring my prompt arrival for 10.30 to meet Ian & Anna. For a short few minutes, I thought I was going to be the only one training, but thankfully about 10.35, we were joined by Carma, Lydia & Fern.


Our warm-up consisted of a gentle jog downhill to Dalkey, and then a slow run back uphill to the car park ensuring we were all warmed up nicely for the session ahead. We were blessed with a beautiful sunny morning, so I was delighted to be able to leave my jacket in the car as we passed through the car park. Alas, I left my phone in it's pocket, so photographic evidence of the session was limited to the 2 shots taken when we got back to base!


Ian set a challenging pace for the morning, which included running up & down hills, press-ups (!), planks & a total of 117 steps which we ran up & down three times - so a total of 702 climbed! Not for the faint-hearted. My upper body has not been the same since, so clearly I have lots more work to do.

Overall, we had a great session interspersed regularly with visits from the various dogs out to play in the sunshine, and finished up about 12.30 delighted with ourselves.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment