Friday 28 December 2012

Eight hours before I leave for the Airport

This is my last post before I leave for the airport. It's 6pm on Friday 28th December 2012. I will leave the house at 2:30AM to get to Dublin Airport for 3AM as instructed.

We will be checking in together after some admin issues have been addressed.

I don't think I will get any sleep before I leave because I would normally be up well after midnight. Maybe I will pass out on the Schiphol to Kilimanjaro flight.

I am going to bring my Dictaphone along for the trip. Paula has volunteered to carry out interviews with the team members who, to date, have been a bit shy about providing a short bio for the blog. No better woman to undertake this challenge : )

Eight hours to departure. I spent most of the day packing everything into small bags for easy access on the mountain. Now I have to try and figure out what to bring for the safari. Not really too worried about that because the main objective is to get to the summit of Kilimanjaro.

Feeling a bit out of sorts today but I am convinced it's a combination of excitement and anxiety and God knows what else. I will feel better when I take my first steps on Kilimanjaro. After that it's a case of taking it one step at a time.

Good luck to all the team.

Now where did I leave those hiking poles?

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck Dad... Hope you're sleeping soundly as I type this, getting all the necessary beauty sleep before setting off. Really hoping the weather is favourable...

    ReplyDelete