Wednesday 20 March 2013

Closing Kilimanjaro Challenge for 2012/2013

I have avoided posting anything on my blog since returning from Tanzania. Our Kilimanjaro adventure ended in tragedy and the loss of a great individual.

I am closing this particular section of my blog. I had intended returning to Kilimanjaro this year to complete the climb but I am now going to leave it until 2014 when I hope to travel with some of the December 2012 Team on a return trip.

Instead of Kili in 2013 I have decided to undertake el Camino de Santiago. This is almost 800Km long and starts at St. Jean Pied-De-Port in France and ends in Santiago in the north western region of Spain. I am opening a separate section in this blog to cover the preparation and journey along a path followed by pilgrims for over one thousand years. I will also attempt to learn some basic Spanish to help me along the way.

Right now I plan to travel alone to achieve the full benefits of my own journey of discovery. I will not be attempting to complete the walk in a hurry. Instead I will take each day as it comes. Spend some extra time in a location if it is of particular interest to me. I hope to record the journey in photographs and to write of my experiences along the path.

Click here for a link to all my other blogs including the Camino


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jack,
    Really looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks down south and hearing about your preparation for el Camino de Santiago.
    Lydia x

    ReplyDelete